— Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged (via theworldismadeofwords)
— Mary Oliver (via theworldismadeofwords)
Anonymous said: Why do you write?
To feel. To remind myself I am human. To love better. To practice patience, to be wiser, to learn to appreciate the growing pains. To salute every ordinary hero. To live instead of wanting to die. To become the person I always wanted to be, to leave my old self behind. To feel the universe beneath my hands. To marvel at the wonder of it all. To breathe easily. To let go. To let other people in. To open my own eyes. To heal.
outstretched hands, brimming with hope, reaching straight up like sign posts in the air. the city is all movement and laughter tonight, but my thoughts are resting where the palm trees grow, where the soft slivers of evening light are only occasionally spliced by the smoke tendrils wafting from mamak stalls, roti canai stalls, char mee stalls.
give me a quiet night in my room, and my heart stirs, skips a beat, like this.
the entire universe in her mouth
so that you wake up with
stars on your lips
and a smile that
— Y.Z. (via larmoyante)
— Oscar Wilde (via larmoyante)
— Fullmetal Alchemist (via larmoyante)
apensivesoul said: What are some of your favorite books/poems?
collections of poetry for you!
- how to survive a hotel fire, angela veronica wong
- miracle fruit, aimee nezhukumatathil
- secular love, michael ondaatje
- duino elegies, rainer maria rilke
- the weight of oranges / miner’s pond, anne michaels
- rose, li-young lee
- the city in which i love you, li-young lee
- no, ocean vuong
- captain’s verses, pablo neruda
- the cinnamon peeler, michael ondaatje
- love, an index, rebecca lindenberg
- crush, richard siken
- heavy petting, gregory sherl
- the oregon trail is the oregon trail, gregory sherl
- human dark with sugar, brenda shaughnessy
- bluets, maggie nelson
- ( ◜◡＾)
i will make time for these when the snow melts